Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Heirloom Houseplants

My Christmas Cactus is in bloom.

Christmas Cactus


There is something wonderful about having a plant so beautiful and alive inside my house, while outside everything is bowing aside for winter to make her entrance. The trees are swaying, naked of their leaves, amongst seas of brown grass. But inside my house things are green and blooming.

This is the first place I have been able to keep a lot of houseplants. Our condo didn't offer much in the way of direct sunlight. I had one lonely plant that managed to live through those years with us.

Shortly after we moved into this new house my mother presented me with five houseplants that she has been nurturing for a long time. One of them is nearly three decades old! She has had it my entire life, and I would be lying if I said that it didn't hold some level of sentimental value. But she didn't keep any cuttings of the damned thing, so now I am expected to keep it alive for another 30 years, until I can pawn it off on one of my kids. This particular kind of plant can live up to 200 years.

Some families have heirloom quilts or jewelry... my family has houseplants. That is what we pass on to our kids when they finally get a big enough house, LOL.

Cactus Bloom



Our Favorite Story Of The Moment Is:

The Ice Queen
[By The_Darkness]

Temp's Pick

Archive Of Featured Smut Stories

Comments On Featured Smut
[Please mention the name of the story you are commenting on, since this comment box if for all Featured Smut Stories]


Tantra Chair
[Click To Enlarge]

The
Tantra Chair
A Sacred Exploration into the Kama Sutra


Happy Valentine's Day! rosesglitter

KINKY IN CALGARY




My blog is worth $9,032.64.
How much is your blog worth?


SM 101: A Realistic Introduction

Author: Jay Wiseman


Click this button to subscribe to my blog through Blog Lines
Subscribe with Bloglines

Top Blogs

blogger sex search

Blog Directory & Search engine

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Show Me Some Love!
Click Here:

All Sex Blogs

Blogwise - blog directory